And … we’re back! After nearly a month-delay, we’ve got a new episode for you. This past month, we read the recently released Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation, by Octavia Butler, Damian Duffy and James Jennings.
Mollie (finally!) gets the opportunity to school us all on what defines a graphic novel while Dani drinks in the background. Listen in and share your thoughts by tweeting us at @blackchicklit. Don’t forget to join us for the next episode when we discuss Alyssa Cole’s An Extraordinary Union.
- ‘Kindred’ Artist John Jennings Talks About Adapting Octavia Butler in Comic Form, by Noah Berlatsky
- How John Jennings and Damian Duffy Transformed Octavia Butler’s Kindred into the Most Powerful Graphic Novel of the Year, by Brigid Alverson
- The Joy (And Fear) Of Making ‘Kindred’ Into A Graphic Novel, by Tanya Ballard Brown
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Exit West, by Mohshin Hamid
- Daughters of a Nation: A Black Suffragette Historical Romance Anthology, by Alyssa Cole, Lena Hart, Piper Huguley and Kianna Alexander
- The Shining, by Stephen King