About the Podcast
Each month, we host an in-depth look at a title written by a black woman and its author. We read across genres and forms, including literary fiction, non-fiction, YA, poetry and urban fiction. Previous episodes include Queen Sugar, by Natalie Baszile; The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas; and Swing Time by Zadie Smith.
BCL Chats are hosted in between book discussion episodes. Each month, we ask listeners to share their opinions about different aspects of reader life. Check out this episode where we discuss books every black woman should read.
We’ve been included as one of:
- 31 Podcasts for Every Type of Reader (Buzzfeed)
- 10 best podcasts for book lovers (She Reads)
- 7 Bookish Podcasts for Avid Readers On the Go (Parade)
- Looking For A New Book Club? Try These 9 Podcast Versions (Bustle)
- 14 Literary Podcasts That Aren’t Hosted by Three White Guys (Electric Lit)
- 24 of the best literary & book podcasts for book lovers (Penguin Random House)