Did you know only 6.7 percent of Americans have read poetry in the past 12 months? We’ve joined these exclusive few and sit down to discuss Morgan Parker’s There Are More Beautiful Things Than Beyoncé.
It moved us, y’all. So much so, that we’ve declared that this year’s going to be “blacker than ever.”
Join us next week when we discuss the Binti series — Binti and Binti: Home — by Nnedi Okorafor.
Got a book you think we should check out? Tweet us at @blackchicklit. Also, be sure to rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
- “Poetry is going extinct, government data show,” The Washington Post
- “The Poetry-Free Inauguration Makes a Comeback,” The Atlantic
- Carrie Mae Weems, The Kitchen Table Series
Books mentioned in this episode:
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith
- The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes