Jesmyn Ward’s Sing, Unburied, Sing is full of heartbreak. And ghosts. And vomit. But mostly heartbreak. That’s probably why it took both of us a full month to finish it. It was worth it, though. Listen in as we break down the plot, voice and themes in this beautiful book.
Don’t forget to join us for the next #BCLChat. We want to know: Has a book ever inspired you to change some part of your life? Look for the question on Twitter at @blackchicklit or email your response to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening and be sure to rate, review and subscribe to us on iTunes. Thanks to Suite45 for our theme song, Jones’n.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Men We Reaped, by Jesmyn Ward
- Salvage the Bones, by Jesmyn Ward
- In the Language of My Captor, by Shane McCrae
- The Leavers, by Lisa Ko
- The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands, by Stephen King
- The Broken Kingdoms, by N.K. Jemisin