This episode, we switch genres and talk love, sex and awkward adjectives as we discuss Alyssa Cole’s new release, An Extraordinary Union.
Mollie decides that romance just has too many emotions for her liking while Dani shares her four requirements for a satisfying romance. Listen in and share your thoughts by tweeting us at @blackchicklit. Then, join us for the next episode when we discuss Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give.
- ‘Me Before You’ Criticized For Its Portrayal Of Disability, Huffington Post
- Twitter thread on requirement of HEA in romance
Books Mentioned in the Episode
- Diary of an Ugly Duckling, by Karyn Langhorne
- Breathless, by Beverly Jenkins
- Exit West, by Mohsin Hamid
- Hannah Mary Tabbs and the Disembodied Torso: A Tale of Race, Sex, and Violence in America, by Kali Nicole Gross