It’s time for your monthly BCL Chat. This month we asked you if you’d be attempting NaNoWriMo (that is, National Novel Writing Month). You all overwhelmingly replied “prolly not.”
We move on from that to discuss some other book news including the National Book Awards, the snubbing of Mrs. Tangerine’s book donation and the continued lack of respect put on Nnedi Okorafor’s name. Mollie also shares a St. Louis adventure that Dani completely blocked out. Listen in!
(P.S. if you need to hear Mollie’s break down of the Sad Puppies mess, you can hear it on our previous episode on Binti.)
Thanks to all who took part in our poll. … We may not be using that format again. Until the next chat, read up and join us for our next episode, in which we’ll discuss Jesmyn Ward’s Sing, Unburied, Sing.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Binti series, by Nnedi Okorafor
- Water for Elephants: A Novel, by Sara Gruen
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstein
- Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz
- This is How You Lose Her, by Junot Diaz